Media is an exciting and challenging field where determination and motivation create new ways for triumphing challenges of human beings and its environment. The field has endless options which make a candidate confident in this glamorous and adventurous endeavor. Mass media courses in Kolkata helps the students in Media science get the right kind of job in the Media, Communication, Entertainment, Publishing, Corporate, Public sector and Journalistic world with attractive salary packages and fascination job development graph. Skills from a good Masters Media degree can be successfully used in several areas of working world such as-
- Media planner specially dealing with content planning for print and electronic information, communication and broadcasting platforms
- Multimedia specialist dealing with production process, digital film production, communication research, video and sound editing etc.
- Program researcher for any kind of information, media, communication and information technology enabled service endeavor
- Public relations officer for any kind of commercial or public service enterprise
- Runner broadcasting for any kind of entertainment, news and other kind of information content
- Social media manager for info tech enabled service organizations
- Television, film and video producer for any kind of media production company
These are the jobs directly related to the degree. On the other hand the places where the master degree in media sciences will be highly helpful are- advertising account executive, broadcast journalist, editorial assistant, event manager, information officer, magazine journalist, market researcher, designer and writer. It should also be remembered in this case that many employers accept applications from graduates with any kind of graduate degree. So it’s not necessary to restrict in the conventional areas of only Media dynamics and Communication synthesis. Gaining experience is critical in this field due to its rapidly growing popularity and mass acceptance. Persistence and motivation are very vital in this field to make a strong foothold in this very uncertain world. Media curriculum is a great platform to make a strong career in this highly challenging field.
Great career in the media fraternity with command over creative and technical skills
Gaining solid experience and building up a strong portfolio, it is necessary to contact radio, television, newspaper, public relations firm, advertising agencies and search about the opportunities there. Search for summer placements, part time and voluntary opportunities can also be done in all kind of mass communication and transactional mediums. MSC media Kolkata curriculum helps students to explore opportunities in the field of mass communication and journalism. One can also get involved with the university radio stations, newspaper, periodical and publications offices. Some master degree media programs offer work placement with a media organizations. This kind of opportunity helps media students in developing professional skills to make strong contacts in all kind of industries.
Postgraduates in Mass Media enter careers in all kinds of working enterprises or set up their own venture in information and communication technology. The areas of work in this regard include – Television, Radio, Film , Video, Digital media ,Gaming, Journalism, Writing, Publishing, PR and Media practices. Media curriculum helps an individual to choose from a plethora of careers. All sort of employers in the service, manufacturing and mixed sectors in public and private enterprises employ Media postgraduates in huge numbers in fascinating and challenging areas of-
- Communication agencies in print, electronic and digital media
- Civil service jobs for any public sector or public sector undertaking agencies dealing with mass communication and information broadcasting
- Higher educational institutions where research and teaching is done in advanced areas of Mass Media
- Local government jobs dealing with information, broadcasting and mass communication
- Organizations dealing with marketing in corporate and social sectors
- Companies dealing in the media industry like television, radio, film, publishing houses, online media portals etc
- The magazine and newspaper industry dealing with all kind of socio- economic, technical and even deviant issues
- The public relations firm in public and private sectors
- The book and periodical publishing companies dealing with academic and issue based publishing
- Television and radio agencies dealing with news, information and entertainment broadcasting
- Online agencies and info tech enabled platforms dealing with all kinds of information synthesis and its distribution
The salary in all the profiles mentioned above is quite handsome . Mass media courses in Kolkata help a budding media professional to contribute to the development of society through their varied creative, entrepreneurial and technical profiles.
Sumon chakrabarti, Author bio :
Professional writer, compiler and translator for major English publishing houses in management, commerce, humanities, social sciences, technology, general sciences and miscellaneous subjects. Faculty, content writer and developer of major tutorial homes and info tech enabled platforms in technology, management, commerce, social sciences, humanities, general sciences and professional studies. Chandigarh kala Kendra classical music-vocal degree holder. Stood first in professional English communication and writing from British Institute. Occasional singer and performer of modern and film songs in Bengali and Hindi. All India youth mock parliament and Ramcharitmanas recitation winner. Alumni of Bhavans institute of management science and contributor in publications of Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan society.